CAREERS AT PENNY PAWS ANIMAL CLINIC
Join our team!
If any of our opportunities sound like your life’s work, please send your resume to [email protected]. Please include the job title and preferred clinic location in the subject line of the email.
PENNY PAWS ANIMAL CLINIC EMPLOYEES HAVE SOME AWESOME BENEFITS
- Flexible work schedule with exceptional work/life balance
- Company match 401k savings plan
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Generous CE allowance with time off that isn’t deducted from PTO balance
- Minimum of 12 working days PTO
- Discount on services and products for personal pets
Full-Time Veterinarian Opportunities at all Clinics:
Current Opportunities at Penny Paws
FULL-TIME & PART-TIME VETERINARIANS
Penny Paws Animal Clinics have excellent opportunities for both full-time and part-time veterinarians. We would love to offer you an exceptional, upbeat work environment alongside professional colleagues and a team of licensed technicians that will spoil you with their skills. All of our team members undergo Fear Free certification!
If you enjoy seeing challenging medical cases, wellness visits and surgery, we would love to offer you a place in our state-of-the-art clinics. Our salary and benefits package can be custom tailored to meet your needs. We offer a flexible schedule focused on work/life balance, health insurance, 401K, paid dues, malpractice insurance, paid CE and many other benefits!
If this sounds like your ideal work environment and you like to work hard and play hard, we would love to meet you!
Veterinarian Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Positively represent the animal clinic in the professional community and to the general public.
Veterinarian Qualifications and Skills
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Texas in which Veterinarian is to be employed.
- Professional appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
PART-TIME / weekend VETERINARIANs
Penny Paws Veterinary Community Outreach has immediate openings for veterinarians at our weekend mobile vaccination clinics in San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth and their surrounding areas. You can work as frequently or infrequently as you would like – it is totally up to you! Please send a letter of introduction and resume to [email protected].
Experienced VETERINARY TECHNICIANs
Are you an experienced Veterinary Technician? Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of people and pets? Come join our awesome team at any of our clinic locations!
Skills required include blood draws, IV catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophylaxis, vaccinations, nail trims, restraint, knowledge of flea and heartworm preventative and common pharmaceuticals and most importantly, client education.
Our ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic with a passion to help people and pets.
Our clinics are a very important part of the community and help our clients to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are there for our clients through the happy times and the sad times and truly strive to nurture the human-animal bond.
We are pleased to offer a competitive wage, a healthy positive and fun working environment, full insurance benefits including medical/dental/vision, discount on pet services for your personal pets, scrubs and opportunities to grow with the clinics.
RECEPTIONIST/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
We are looking for exceptional receptionists/customer service representatives with an upbeat, positive attitude who enjoy a fast-paced environment and love to help people and their pets.
Duties and skills required include phone support, scheduling appointments, payment processing, organization, cleaning and other duties as assigned. In return we can guarantee lots of puppy and kitty snuggles!
If you are ready to join the Penny Paws family, we would love to hear from you and encourage you to forward your resume.
All selected applicants will undergo thorough background checks and drug screening prior to employment. Penny Paws maintains tobacco and drug free work environments at all of its campuses.
We invite all students seeking a career in Veterinary Medicine to take advantage of our fun and hands-on Externship Program!