CAREERS AT PENNY PAWS ANIMAL CLINIC
We invite all our students seeking a career in Veterinary Medicine to take advantage of our fun and hands-on Externship Program! All students will have the opportunity to experience handling real cases, with up-close interaction with various tools, ultrasound machines, on-site laboratories and much much more! Students will rotate through several of our clinics and gain expertise in many species of animals including exotics.
Penny Paws Animal Clinic Employees Have Some Awesome Benefits
- Generous CE allowance with time off that isn’t deducted from PTO balance
- Exceptional Work/life balance
- Company match 401k savings plan
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Minimum of 12 working days PTO
Multiple Locations, Exotic Animals
You will have the opportunity to work with exotic pets and to work at one clinic or to alternate between clinic locations for additional opportunities.
Current Opportunities at Penny Paws:
Full-Time Veterinary Technician
Are you an experienced Vet Tech? Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of people and pets? Come, join our awesome team at any of our clinic locations!
Skills required include blood draws, IV catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophylaxis, vaccinations, nail trims, restraint, knowledge of flea and heartworm preventative and common pharmaceuticals and most importantly, client education.
Our ideal candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic with a passion to help people and pets.
Our clinics are a very important part of the community and help our clients to keep their pets happy and healthy.
We are there for our clients through the happy times and through the sad times and truly strive to nurture the human-animal bond.
You will be required to work Full-Time hours which will include some weekends.
In return, we are pleased to offer a competitive wage, a healthy positive and fun working environment, full insurance benefits including medical/dental/vision, incentive bonuses, discount on pet services for your own personal pets, scrubs and opportunities to grow with the clinics.
Full-Time Veterinarian Opportunities at all Clinics:
Grand Prairie Clinic Coming Early 2020
Part-Time / Relief Veterinarian
* All selected applicants will undergo thorough background checks and drug screening prior to employment. Penny Paws maintains tobacco and drug free work environments at all of its campuses.
Generous base pay, with earning potential in excess of $100,000+
Join our team of tenured Veterinary Technicians and Receptionists in beautiful custom designed buildings with state of the art diagnostic equipment, digital radiology, dental radiology, ultrasound technology and onsite laboratory.
Our ideal candidate will focus on outstanding patient care through wellness and sick-pet appointments, surgical procedures and nurturing the human-animal bond through whole pet wellness.
We offer a vibrant culture with modern technology, in-house lab and digital radiology.
Veterinarian Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Positively represent the animal clinic in the professional community and to the general public.
Veterinarian Qualifications and Skills
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Texas in which Veterinarian is to be employed.
- Professional appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.